I want purchase font creator

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Roshan

I want purchase font creator

Post by Roshan »

I want to purchase font creator. but i am unable to decide which one is perfect form me FontCreator 9 Home, FontCreator 9 Standard or FontCreator 9 Professional .
I want develop Trihuta Script & Trihuta Font
Trihuta is already included in Unicode 7
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U11480.pdf
Erwin Denissen

Re: I want purchase font creator

Post by Erwin Denissen »

From a time versus financial point of view; the professional edition contains several features which allow you to make better fonts in less time. If you have more time than money and you are not going to make fonts for commercial purposes, then the home edition is a great starter. You can always upgrade later.

In general the standard edition works for most of our customers.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Roshan

Post by Roshan »

Can I Create Tirhuta Script & Font in home edition ?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I don't think there are any real barriers to creating the font in the Home Edition. Advanced features like Complete Composites and Optical Metrics are of no use for this font.

Feature Comparison Table

The one important feature missing from the Home Edition is the Advanced Contour Operations. This is almost indispensable for welding contours together, which is much more time-consuming to do with the Home Edition. No doubt you can find workarounds if you have plenty of free time.

See this thread on creating Æ and æ ligatures to see how to combine a + e in the Pro and Home Editions.

The main consideration is what you want to do with the font. It will be a lot of work to create a working font, so if you want to be able to sell it or use it for Commercial work, you will need the Standard or Professional version of the software.

Perhaps the best route is to purchase the Home Edition to start with, then upgrade when you have a working font that you wish to use Commercially.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

I went for the Professional edition because I thought the extra features like 'Optical Metrics' would be useful. They were very very useful indeed, they save a LOT of time.

Editing in general is faster and easier with Font Creator compared with Font Forge which I was using before, but the extras in the professional edition have done so much of the grunt work for me that (for me at least) it was well worth spending the extra cash.

Based on the previous posts in this thread I would say that the Standard edition is probably the one to go for because the 'Advanced Contour operations' are extremely useful. I don't know how I would manage without them.

Hope this helps.