Assigning key strokes

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
pwoolson

Assigning key strokes

Postby pwoolson » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello,
I'm using FontCreator to create a very specific font to be used in engineering software. Is there a way to assign a specific keystroke to a glyph? (like ctrl+a to get a superscript a)
I assume the code point is how the font is reading the key commands. Is there some sort of map that translates the code point ($B8) to keystrokes?
thanks!

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Assigning key strokes

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Code-point $B8 is a cedilla, not a superscripted a. Unless your engineering software supports OpenType features (unlikely) you may be reduced to using Uppercase for regular text and lowercase for supercripts for convenient text input.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC10.1 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10

Erwin Denissen

Postby Erwin Denissen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:21 pm

You could also consider making a specific keyboard layout. I guess that has some benefits, but it depends on your exact needs.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Kenkasoftsm

Postby Kenkasoftsm » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Code-point $B8 is a cedilla, not a superscripted a. Unless your engineering software supports OpenType features (unlikely) you may be reduced to using Uppercase for regular text and lowercase for supercripts for convenient text input.

There's a big possibility that it will affect uppercase and lowercase for superscripts. But, gotta atleast try.

Return to “FontCreator - Discussion”