FCP4 created glyphs looks ugly with SOFTY...

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Teodor_nim

FCP4 created glyphs looks ugly with SOFTY...

Post by Teodor_nim »

Hi
I'm still waiting for my employer to buy a licence of FCP4 to me - I miss FCP4 very much :cry: In the meantime I have to stick to Softy... soon I'll buy me a licence myself...
Returning to Softy I meet some strange things. The glyphs created with FCP4 during my trial period looks ugly within Softy... the sample font "Denissen.tft" also looks ugly within Softy (I'm sorry)... the countours are mixed up and open :? I think it has to do with the start points of the contours. If these points are "off curve" types then Softy can't handle it.

Now to my query...
Is this a shortcoming of Softy only or do I have to fear that my glyphs will be looking ugly some elsewhere :?:

/Teodor
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This is definitely a bug in Softy. Besides this bug, Softy generates TrueType fonts that are not 100% Windows compliant. Although Font Creator Program always tries to fix a corrupt font, I would recommend to wait for your employer to buy a license of FCP.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Teodor_nim

Post by Teodor_nim »

Thanks for the info... I'll change to FCP as soon as possible.
The problem for the moment is to buy the licence via internet and credit card - Is it possible to pay the licence like in the old days - with an invoice by post :?: If not, I have to wait further a while...
/Teo
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Register through Kagi. Supported payment methods are:
  • Credit Card
    Check/Money Order/Postal Money Order drawn on a US bank
    Cash (from quite a number of countries)
For more details take a look at our registration page:
http://www.high-logic.com/register.html
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology