Un-ignore deleted fonts

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Enigma

Un-ignore deleted fonts

Post by Enigma »

In MainType 4, it should be possible to un-ignore fonts that have previously been deleted fom MainType (see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568). Otherwise it seems impossible to reintroduce (accidentally) deleted fonts.

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
León Fridsma

Re: Un-ignore deleted fonts

Post by León Fridsma »

Enigma wrote:In MainType 4, it should be possible to un-ignore fonts that have previously been deleted fom MainType (see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568). Otherwise it seems impossible to reintroduce (accidentally) deleted fonts.

Cheers,
Jan
MainType gives you 2 dialogs before deleting a font so that should already make you think twice before actually removing a font. But I agree that there can still be some "oops" situations, i've also put this on the "wishlist".

León
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

León Fridsma wrote:MainType gives you 2 dialogs before deleting a font so that should already make you think twice before actually removing a font.
Okay, I didn't try it, so I never saw these dialogs. It was more of a theoretical thought. Nevertheless it should be possible to change one's mind after a year or so... :mrgreen:
León Fridsma wrote:But I agree that there can still be some "oops" situations, i've also put this on the "wishlist".
Thank you!

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
chiwou

Post by chiwou »

I'd a similar issue with a corrupt font, MT just wouldn't let me install it, and even displayed it wrong, so I deleted it. But since it's a "feature" I couldn't reinstall it, so I had to recreate my whole vault, not very user friendly.
I think a good compromise would be if you scan your folder and it contains font that are not in the database because it was deleted, MT could ask if the font should be re-imported or something, or at least make it an option in the preferences.

I really like the new vault and database feature except this small issue, because Windows doesn't handle 2000 single fonts (in one folder :D ) really well, now I use the original zip files, Extract them in my scan folder and delete them again.