Is it possible to write a macro to automatically mix glyphs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
paulcopeland

Is it possible to write a macro to automatically mix glyphs

Post by paulcopeland »

Hello from Australia.

I am very much a beginner with FontCreator so I wonder if the following can be done as a macro.

With a number of fonts already opened do the following

1. Step through each glyph index number of the target font
2. Copy the same glyph index number from one of the opened fonts which is chosen randomly
3. Paste this glyph into the target glyph of the target font
4. Go back to step 1 until all the glyphs have been randomly chosen from randomly chosen opened fonts and pasted into the target font.

The above scenario is the simplest one. I am not worried about kerning etc.

A much more sophisticated scenario would be where the pasted glyph is also randomly changed in size and rotation.

Is there anyone here who could write such a utility for me and if so what approximately would the cost be?

I hope some of the programmers out there can assist. Thank you.

Paul Copeland.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Is it possible to write a macro to automatically mix gl

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There are plenty of macro-recorder utilities available — including some free ones.

Try a Google search for "Keyboard Macro Utility."

Macro programming is not built in to FontCreator, though one can do some automated Transformations to rotate or resize glyphs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
paulcopeland

Re: Is it possible to write a macro to automatically mix gly

Post by paulcopeland »

Hello.

Thank you for your quick response.

I have started looking at macro-recorder utilitites. I think the challenge would be to find one that would randomly choose the different fonts that are opened. That is probably the big challenge here. What do you think?

Paul.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:There are plenty of macro-recorder utilities available — including some free ones.

Try a Google search for "Keyboard Macro Utility."

Macro programming is not built in to FontCreator, though one can do some automated Transformations to rotate or resize glyphs.