Colorize help

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
boballen

Colorize help

Post by boballen »

I hit colorize by mistake, and I can't undo it. I've ended up with a blue "2" in a sea of black. Can't find anything in help on selecting the color, or if I should even "colorize" back to black to fix it. Sooo... how do I get my black '2' back?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Colorize help

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Undo would work, but if you saved the project already it will not.

Show the Colour Glyph members palette, select the glyph in the list (of 1), and delete it. The glyph will apparently disappear, but if you disable colour mode it will reappear. All glyphs that are not coloured are invisible in the Glyph edit window if colour mode is enabled.
Delete Colour Glyhp Member.png
Delete Colour Glyhp Member.png (23.51 KiB) Viewed 5074 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We will add a decolorize feature (to both glyph overview dialog and glyph edit dialog), which will remove all color related data from selected glyphs.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
boballen

Post by boballen »

I duplicated my problem:

-Started new font.
-Opened a glyph (number nine in this case).
-Right clicked contour and chose 'colorize' from context menu
----(I think I was going for the background color at the time, which I now use frequently, but just wasn't thinking straight).
-Character turned blue.
-I hit control 'z' and the character (in it's entirety) disappeared.

Changing the mode to monochrome in the color palette made it disappear also, but then a control 'z' brought it back as black. But it still turns blue when color mode is switched back on, so the decolorize feature seems to be necessary ( unless I missed a step ). Fortunately my .wmf drawing was very detailed, so I reimported it and had little extra work to kern it. So that's how I ended up fixing it.

Thank you very much.
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

Erwin Denissen wrote:We will add a decolorize feature (to both glyph overview dialog and glyph edit dialog), which will remove all color related data from selected glyphs.
That will be helpful.

William
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

boballen wrote:I duplicated my problem:

-Started new font.
-Opened a glyph (number nine in this case).
-Right clicked contour and chose 'colorize' from context menu
----(I think I was going for the background color at the time, which I now use frequently, but just wasn't thinking straight).
-Character turned blue.
-I hit control 'z' and the character (in it's entirety) disappeared.

Changing the mode to monochrome in the color palette made it disappear also, but then a control 'z' brought it back as black. But it still turns blue when color mode is switched back on, so the decolorize feature seems to be necessary ( unless I missed a step ). Fortunately my .wmf drawing was very detailed, so I reimported it and had little extra work to kern it. So that's how I ended up fixing it.

Thank you very much.
When you colorize a glyph, the view mode is switched to Color.

To remove the color related data, there are two options (which can't be used both at the same time!):
- Either hit CTRL-Z to undo the colorization, or
- Select the color member and delete it (press DEL, or click the Delete button in the Color members toolwindow)

When the color data is removed, your view will stay in color mode, so to get back to regular view mode click the Color mode toolbar button.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
boballen

Post by boballen »

Thank you.