[FIXED] Some bugs and new improvements

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
tesbihhan

[FIXED] Some bugs and new improvements

Post by tesbihhan »

Shall I tell you some about font creator bugs and new suggestions for latest version. By the way, I generally work about arabic script.
1. I reported you before about cursive attachment bug when right to left selected exit and entry cursives are opposite.
2. In code editor find only finds first. Find below doesn't work. Find and replace should be improved.
3. Print doesn't work in latest version.
4. When right to left selected input and output are opposites while adding ligature vs. Input to output and output to input.
5.Kerning doesn't work for non latin scripts. It was working in older versions like 8.
6.In arabic design previews dosen't work. Shows only isolated characters. It is very bad that you can not see the new feature works or not. You have to test current font and open in indesign and take a look for control.
7.You should add a thick box for IgnoreMarks flag like RigttoLeft.
Waiting for fixing bugs as soon as possible some since January.
Best Regards
Erwin Denissen

Re: Some bugs and new improvements

Post by Erwin Denissen »

tesbihhan wrote:Shall I tell you some about font creator bugs and new suggestions for latest version. By the way, I generally work about arabic script.
1. I reported you before about cursive attachment bug when right to left selected exit and entry cursives are opposite.
I remember. It will be fixed with the next upcoming release.
tesbihhan wrote:2. In code editor find only finds first. Find below doesn't work. Find and replace should be improved.
Use F3 to search next. SHIFT F3 to search previous.
tesbihhan wrote:3. Print doesn't work in latest version.
This is fixed in the next upcoming major release.
tesbihhan wrote:4. When right to left selected input and output are opposites while adding ligature vs. Input to output and output to input.
Good catch. This will be fixed as well.
tesbihhan wrote:5.Kerning doesn't work for non latin scripts. It was working in older versions like 8.
We know the is room for improvement here.
tesbihhan wrote:6.In arabic design previews dosen't work. Shows only isolated characters. It is very bad that you can not see the new feature works or not. You have to test current font and open in indesign and take a look for control.
If you are willing to provide some more background information, then we might be able to further improve this.
tesbihhan wrote:7.You should add a thick box for IgnoreMarks flag like RigttoLeft.
Just set Process Marks to None.
Waiting for fixing bugs as soon as possible some since January.
We expect to release a new major release in April or May, so stay tuned!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
tesbihhan

Post by tesbihhan »

If you are willing to provide some more background information, then we might be able to further improve this.
I am sending some photos of this bug.
As you see in preview glyps aren't connected.
But in test font no problem
png1.png
png1.png (59.98 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
png2.png
png2.png (90.99 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
png3.png
png3.png (82 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We know the preview isn't perfect for complex scripts. In order to improve it, we need to better understand how to process a run of glyphs. Can you explain that missing link?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
tesbihhan

Post by tesbihhan »

We know the preview isn't perfect for complex scripts. In order to improve it, we need to better understand how to process a run of glyphs. Can you explain that missing link?
Yes you are right.It is not possible for one who doesn't know arabic.
This problem is about paragraph direction. Paragraph direction must be right to left not left to right.
And another problem is about initial, medial and final form. It starts with last character and all characters are in final form.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

tesbihhan wrote:Yes you are right.It is not possible for one who doesn't know arabic.
This problem is about paragraph direction. Paragraph direction must be right to left not left to right.
FontCreator already tries to identify right-to-left text runs.
tesbihhan wrote:And another problem is about initial, medial and final form. It starts with last character and all characters are in final form.
Yes, that is exactly where we need some more advise. Can you show a basic short piece of text and explain where we need to detect initial, medial and final forms?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Most of the above reported bugs have been fixed with the release of FontCreator 11. Do let me if there are remaining issues, so we can try to solve those as well.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology