OpenType Designer remembering what I did

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Karin1610

OpenType Designer remembering what I did

Post by Karin1610 »

There's one thing that keeps slowing me down a lot, so if possible it would be very much appreciated if it could be improved:

It would be awesome if OTD would remember what I did last and stay there. For instance, when working on a kerning pair, whenever I leave the OTD to test it and then re-open the OTD, I always have to klick on the kerning feature again and then navigate back to that pair. That can become really tedious as I get out and back in a lot for testing purposes. If the OTD could just jump back to the kerning pair I last worked on, it would be just perfect.
Erwin Denissen

Re: OpenType Designer remembering what I did

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We will not implement this feature as it is too complicated right now.

What might help is adding the specific characters that make up the kerning pair to the preview area, and when you reopen the OpenType Designer dialog, just click on the pair to jump to the specific item in the pair adjustment lookup.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There is no need for this. Just bookmark the current kerning pair, GSUB, or whatever by clicking the + sign on the Preview Pane.
Current Kerning Pair.png
Current Kerning Pair.png (4 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
On reopening the OpenType dialogue, click on the first letter of the bookmarked pair (in this case "T") to return to that kerning pair. If you should forget to bookmark the pair, just type it in the Preview Text field (in the case below type "To") then click on the "T".

Note: The kern feature has to be enabled in the dialogue for this to work. The same would apply to the dlig feature if you were editing that.
Return to Bookmark.png
Return to Bookmark.png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
FontCreator's OpenType Designer is awesome!
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Karin1610

Post by Karin1610 »

Oh, I never realized that I could just click on something in the preview to jump somewhere.
I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!