Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Post Reply
Hafonton
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Hafonton » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Hey,
Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets "Opentype Designer" window sidebar's scrolling position.
I've added a video here:
https://vimeo.com/287260903

Any way to fix this soon?
Thanks.
Elron

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer
Posts: 7454
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:28 am
Location: Seven Kings, London UK
Contact:

Re: Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:59 pm

I would be surprised if this is a bug. Even more surprised if it can be fixed easily if it is.

If you wish to narrow down focus in the kerning pairs list, type a search term in the field above the table. This search term is not lost after using the Class Manager.
Search Kerning Pairs.png
Search Kerning Pairs.png (12.51 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.5 Pro + MT8.0 @ Win10 1803 build 17134.345

Hafonton
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Hafonton » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Hey,
Thank you for the reply!
I've tried just now what you said and found that the search is doing nothing... another bug? :oops:
Here's a video: https://streamable.com/ibe4l

Elron

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer
Posts: 7454
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:28 am
Location: Seven Kings, London UK
Contact:

Re: Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:42 am

Not a bug, just an unsupported feature.

It would be useful if one could search by name.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.5 Pro + MT8.0 @ Win10 1803 build 17134.345

Erwin Denissen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:41 am
Location: De Bilt, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Erwin Denissen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 am

Hafonton wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:38 pm
Hey,
Thank you for the reply!
I've tried just now what you said and found that the search is doing nothing... another bug? :oops:
Here's a video: https://streamable.com/ibe4l

Elron
You will need to type a character and then you'll see all items that contain the character. I agree with Bhikkhu Pesala that it would be a good idea to further extend this filter feature.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Hafonton
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Hafonton » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:42 am
Not a bug, just an unsupported feature.

It would be useful if one could search by name.
Sorry I don't understand - you just did it in the screenshot you shared, and the search filter worked for you, but it didn't work for me..
why is that? :?:

Hafonton
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: Closing the "Class Manager" causes the selected table to be unfocused + resets opentype scroll.

Post by Hafonton » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Erwin Denissen wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 am
Hafonton wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:38 pm
Hey,
Thank you for the reply!
I've tried just now what you said and found that the search is doing nothing... another bug? :oops:
Here's a video: https://streamable.com/ibe4l

Elron
You will need to type a character and then you'll see all items that contain the character. I agree with Bhikkhu Pesala that it would be a good idea to further extend this filter feature.
Ohh I understand now.
Yeah, extending this filter feature would be a absolutely great.
It will be best if it will find letters within classes as well.

Post Reply