Problems when importing font folders

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
mshubes

Problems when importing font folders

Post by mshubes »

When importing font folders, I noticed the numbers do not match up. So by a process of elimination, I discovered that Maintype does not like a few of the font files and will not import them. Rather than importing everything else and flagging the "bad" files, Maintype just stops importing anything. So rather than importing 1000 fonts, it stops at, say, 800, even when it only has a problem with four of the files.

This is a HUGE problem when you have a large font library!! Mine is much larger than 1000 fonts, but I'm having to do it in chunks because of this issue. It's driving me mad!

QUESTIONS:
Why doesn't Maintype import all fonts except the ones it finds unimportable?
Why doesn't It identify the unimportable files and tell why it has a problem with them?
(Windows font viewer sees them just fine and they open in font editors just fine.)
mshubes

Re: Problems when importing font folders

Post by mshubes »

FOLLOWUP TO MY OWN POST:

Don't know if this is the ONLY issue, but after opening three of the "BAD" files and removing the Vendor code, all three imported just fine!!!

This needs to be fixed! We have no control over what code the type designers use (one of them was "XXXX")!
Erwin Denissen

Re: Problems when importing font folders

Post by Erwin Denissen »

MainType 10 should not have any of such issues. Please send us a couple of fonts so we can reproduce the problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology