Populate by Search Criteria - help

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
8806883@gmail.com

Populate by Search Criteria - help

Post by 8806883@gmail.com »

Is there a way to search and list (either on-screen or printed) based on a category listed in the Information box? I want to search all fonts by a copyright/designer/trademark name so I can organize fonts by my favorites. I've searched the manual and found this at the end of the manual but I'm not sure where it might apply (more variables on the following page including {FONT_DESIGNER} and {FONT_TRADEMARK}). I've tried the print function, but I don't see a place to put any SEARCH criteria.
Attachments
z.PNG
z.PNG (8.68 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
z.PNG
z.PNG (108.29 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: Populate by Search Criteria - help

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can not search all those fields, but you can use search by foundry from the upper right corner:
SearchByFoundry.png
SearchByFoundry.png (224.75 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
8806883@gmail.com

Unfortunately, this is what a large portion of mine show. Even outside of Unknown, most only show the name of the program it was created from. Do you happen to know what that portion of the manual is referring to? (referring to the pic attached to the original post) I was wondering if I could export a font list to excel and sort on these categories listed from there.
Attachments
z.PNG
z.PNG (8.77 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
z.PNG
z.PNG (7.01 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

How about searching by your chosen criteria, then tagging the fonts? Print or export the tagged fonts to HTML.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
8806883@gmail.com

Bhikkhu Pesala - How do I do this?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Sort by foundry first, open the Font Information, Naming category, then scroll through looking for the Copyright Information. Tag all Google Fonts with one tag, etc.
Finding Copyright Info.png
Finding Copyright Info.png (8.94 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

8806883@gmail.com wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:08 pm Is there a way to search and list (either on-screen or printed) based on a category listed in the Information box? I want to search all fonts by a copyright/designer/trademark name so I can organize fonts by my favorites. I've searched the manual and found this at the end of the manual but I'm not sure where it might apply (more variables on the following page including {FONT_DESIGNER} and {FONT_TRADEMARK}). I've tried the print function, but I don't see a place to put any SEARCH criteria.
As mentioned in the user manual, those font variables are only available for Print and HTML Export, but can not be used as search criteria.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology