Bainsley

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Bainsley

Post by PJMiller »

Well folks, it's finally here.

This font has been delayed too long. It should have been finished early last year but 2020 didn't exactly go according to plan and a lot of other stuff happened which brought home the fact that font design is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

But I'm back now ! :D

Bainsley has support for many European languages including Greek, Cyrillic and Armenian.

The font has many Kerning Pairs and supports fractions, superscript and subscript. The small caps and petite caps features work with all the supported languages. There are many dingbats, symbols, arrows and shapes available when needed. There might even be a couple of easter eggs buried somewhere within.

It is available for free from Local Fonts

Bainsley Sample.jpg
Bainsley Sample.jpg (305.15 KiB) Viewed 11370 times
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Bainsley

Post by PJMiller »

On the suggestion of someone from Type Drawers I have reduced the space width.
Bainsley Sample reduced.jpg
Bainsley Sample reduced.jpg (288.37 KiB) Viewed 11364 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

That is a very nice font and it is great to know you continue to make it better.

Congratulations with the new release!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Husham »

Hi PJMiller,

Very nice font, i like it, but i get difficulties to download it from LF web site? I wonder if you could uploaded it here directly :)

Thanks
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

What was the difficulty ?

Local Fonts is a site which sells fonts but I can become a vendor and set the price to zero but you still have to go through the process of 'buying' the font for a price of £0.0, the owner of the site says he does nothing with all the information he collects but I'm not sure that is true.

You can just enter bogus information if you like.

I used to be on DeviantArt but the site became was taken over and became very bad.

If only there was a site which is like DeviantArt used to be. So I could just upload fonts and they would be available for free download without having to enter your details.

I can upload it here but I'm not sure Erwin would appreciate many enormous files uploaded to his website.

Well here it is, sorry Erwin. :oops:
Attachments
Bainsley.zip
(3.98 MiB) Downloaded 461 times
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Husham »

Thank you PJMiller,
As you said, entering a detailes with a long form for a free font, that was my difficulties.
I have download the font now easily 🙂
Always I submit my font or any files on this forum.

I appreciate that,
Best Regards
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

PJMiller wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:03 amI can upload it here but I'm not sure Erwin would appreciate many enormous files uploaded to his website.
You could make it a lot smaller by archiving just the *.otf versions. The zip includes web versions and FontCreator project files. You can make it even smaller by using Z-Zip LZMA2 compression instead of Zip.
Font Archive.png
Font Archive.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 11250 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

PJMiller wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:03 am I can upload it here but I'm not sure Erwin would appreciate many enormous files uploaded to his website.

Well here it is, sorry Erwin. :oops:
The server can handle it, so no worries.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

I probably could have made it smaller but this is the file I uploaded to the 'Local Fonts' website. It has to be comprehensive because most people who download it won't have a font editor and so won't be able to covert a .OTF file into a webfont. The project files are for anyone with Font Creator to be able to edit it with all the open type feature and group names intact.

I was just being lazy by uploading the file I uploaded to Local Fonts rather than composing a new cut down file.