How to join two glyphs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
rrc2022

How to join two glyphs

Post by rrc2022 »

Hello,
I am using evaluation version of Font Creator. I have created three fonts 1) A vertical Line 2) A horizontal line 3) a Curve (like an arc)
Using these fonts, I am able to type these fonts in a notepad besides each other Till now, it perfect.

But my requirement does not stop there. After typing the first font, when I type the second font, the second font should not be typed next. Instead it is start from the end point of first font. In result, i need to get a shapte like L.

1. Is it possible?
2, Do we need to do any program coding to achieve this result? If so, how to do that.

Thanks!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to join two glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Moved to the correct forum and renamed topic

I assume that you mean three glyphs, not three fonts. A font is a full set of glyphs, usually at least A-z, while a glyph is a single letter or symbol within a font.

To have the glyphs connect when they are typed in succession, you need to make the side-bearings = zero.

For example: in many fonts, the hyphen has side-bearings ----- so typing them in succession gives a broken line. However, the underscore glyph has zero side-bearings _____ so typing them in succession gives an unbroken line.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486