Keyboard Shortcut to Toggle Auto Attach in Glyph Edit Window

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
MBear227

Keyboard Shortcut to Toggle Auto Attach in Glyph Edit Window

Post by MBear227 »

Hi, I just upgraded to FC 15 Standard Edition, and I make use of the Auto Attach feature a lot. So a keyboard shortcut (I have no ideas what would be a good shortcut, sadly. Ctrl+Shift+A maybe? Just A? Ctrl+some other letter? idk) would really come in handy. The shortcut could work on both the glyph edit window, and the glyph overview window where itd be applied on the selected glyph.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Toggle Auto Attach in Glyph Edit Window

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I would suggest using Access Keys instead of shortcuts, as they do not need to be remembered.

Pressing the Menu Key will bring up the context menu, from which one can (or should be able) to navigate easily to the Auto-attach submenu.

If you need to access the same feature frequently, your muscle memory soon learns the path.

However, FontCreator 15 is still in Beta, and there are some bugs with composite glyphs. On opening them in the glyph edit window, they are displayed as two or more simple contours.

If FontCreator 14, the bug does not exist, but there is no access key to open the Auto-attach submenu.

In both versions, from the Glyph Overview window, one can use the sequence, Menu Key, A, E to enable auto-attach for the selected glyphs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
MBear227

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Toggle Auto Attach in Glyph Edit Window

Post by MBear227 »

thanks, i will be using that glyph overview window access key