horizontal shoulder in lower case letter m

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
emanueol

horizontal shoulder in lower case letter m

Post by emanueol »

Hey everyone,

I'm a senior software engineer, and (still) very nerdy with aesthetics on my machine specially with my monospace fonts. I've been collecting them over the years and there's a couple very good ones, but .. I still haven't for +20 years found a type of font I always felt would be the one, so decided to ask in a font forum for community feedback/suggestion if such a font exists:
- monospace (used for coding/programming)
- sans serif
- the most important little detail is to have the top of the lowercase letter "m" as a straight line (or straight/horizontal "shoulder" which seems is the technical definition of top of letters like m, n.

Fingers crossed that font exists, thanks for any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated,
Emanuel O.
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typos
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: horizontal shoulder in lower case letter m

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I searched through my own fonts using MainType, but they all have round tops.
Monospaced Fonts.png
Monospaced Fonts.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
emanueol

Post by emanueol »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:06 pm I searched through my own fonts using MainType, but they all have round tops.

Monospaced Fonts.png
Thanks for feedback, lets hope someone is aware of this font, otherwise would be great motivation for someone to go and create such a font :)

fingers crossed
Emanuel O
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I have never seen such monospaced font, but you can always modify an open source font to suit your needs.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
emanueol

Post by emanueol »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:06 pm I have never seen such monospaced font, but you can always modify an open source font to suit your needs.
Im a software developer but.. unsure how easy and ammount of work to have full functional font as its not just basic letters, digits and symbols (ascii codes < 255) but all the other codes above, called glyphs i think which are used in many tools like githash etc to display arrows etc.. i suspect that would be too keep chbeork..🤔

But please share the software url and steps to edit a font so i can try ? What font file extension would allow edition ttf?

thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486