Getting started with small LAN

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Mel

Getting started with small LAN

Post by Mel »

I have just bought and installed Maintype 12. I have some fonts in local Control Panel Fonts folder but most are stored on a NAS drive, accessible to 2 other PCs.

I have added the fonts on the NAS to the Library on Maintype 12 on my PC.

I want to make sure at least one of the other PCs can read my files and print them. Do I simply buy and install another copy of Maintype 12 on each PC and then add the same fonts to the Library on that PC using the same method used for mine? I will be using different fonts for different designs. When another user opens my file on the other PC will they automatically get the fonts I have used?

Thank you for any advice, Mel
Erwin Denissen

Re: Getting started with small LAN

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There is one way to let MainType automatically install fonts from a (shared) folder. Just check the appropriate boxes (“Automatically install all fonts...” and “Smart install”) when adding a Font folder to MainType. That ensures all team members have this same set of fonts installed. If one person updates fonts in the shared network folder, all team members will get the updates automatically installed.

Here is the specific part of the user manual:
https://www.high-logic.com/maintype/man ... lders.html

The single-user license allows you to install the software on a reasonable number of computers, provided that you are the only individual using the software. If you are an entity, you must designate one individual within your organization to have the right to use the software.

If more people are going to use the software, you need an additional license for each of them. We do offer multi-user (5 or more users) discounts; just let us know how many users require a license and we'll send a quote.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology