Issue when using boolean operations with cubic contours that have overlapping handles

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
ParanormalChicken

Issue when using boolean operations with cubic contours that have overlapping handles

Post by ParanormalChicken »

I am working on a font that relies heavily on cubic curves that have overlapping handles. When performing a boolean operation with these curves, FontCreator displays strange behavior.

In the first contour, after the operation, the center point of the inner curve behaves like a handle. I applied an union operation to the whole glyph but the second contour is an intersection.
Before union operation
Before union operation
Screenshot 2024-04-30 164835.png (28.81 KiB) Viewed 164 times
After union operation
After union operation
Screenshot 2024-04-30 164953.png (27.56 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Applying an union operation in this situation causes the glyph to become empty.
Before union operation
Before union operation
Screenshot 2024-04-30 165021.png (29.11 KiB) Viewed 164 times
After union operation
After union operation
Screenshot 2024-04-30 165029.png (20.18 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: Issue when using boolean operations with cubic contours that have overlapping handles

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Please send the project file to us.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ParanormalChicken

Re: Issue when using boolean operations with cubic contours that have overlapping handles

Post by ParanormalChicken »

I'm not entirely sure how much this will help, because this is not a project specific issue, but I can provide the project file. Many of the composite glyphs can be used to demonstrate this behavior, for example, Oslash, Ccedilla, and lmiddletilde.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Confirmed. This issue will be fixed with the next upcoming release. But there will probably remain some rare cases where it fails.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology