Disable selected glyphs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
callifont

Disable selected glyphs

Post by callifont »

I wonder if there is a way to disable or inactivate some of glyphs?
When I delete some of glyphs that I don't use then still it appears as default font type when typing.

I am building a Korean font but this includes so many unnessasary glyphs.
Korean font is basically includes 11172 glyphs but only 2350 numbers and in use.

It is very important otherwise we have to design all 11172 numbers and glyphs in order to make a complete single font.

We are looking forward to having a support.

Thank you.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Disable selected glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I am not sure that I understand because I am not familiar with CJK fonts.

Are those 11,172 glyphs used as components of the 2,350 glyphs and numbers that you actually need, or are they historical glyphs that are now obsolete and never used to type modern Korean?

Unmapped glyphs can be used as components of glyphs that are mapped. The unmapped glyphs will not be displayed in Windows Character Map and cannot be typed individually, but the mapped glyph in which they are used can be typed.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Disable selected glyphs

Post by Erwin Denissen »

If you don't include specific characters in your font, it is likely a fallback font is used. This is common behaviour of an operating system or other software. Not much you can do about it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology