Fonts appear to be offset to the Left- Help!

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Lewman

Fonts appear to be offset to the Left- Help!

Post by Lewman »

Morning all,

I was asked by my company to make a set of true type fonts based on symbols for the software they produce. A quick search on google led me to Font Creator 5. I was immediatly impressed and got it registered. Very straight foward and very powerful. Most pleased!

However I am having a big problem. The importation of images and setting them up has gone fine. But when the font has been saved and is then viewed, our customer is reporting that the symbols appear to be offset to the left. See attached images:

Within Font Creator when creating them they show up as the following:

I am at a loss of how to fix this. I have tried various options to no success. Can someone suggest why this is happening and ways of fixing it please?

Thanks very much!

-Lewis
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try selecting all of the characters in the font overview window, then Tools, Glyph Transformer, Metrics, Centre Glyph + Left side-bearing = 0

If you have the Home Edition, you will have to centre the glyphs manually within the advance width. In the glyph edit window, select all (Control A), and use the Transform Toolbar, Bearings tab to set the bearings to, say, 100, 100, instead of 0, 200 as they are now.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486