Font won't work in Word 2000

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Font won't work in Word 2000

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Hello all!
I have created a symbol font and mapped the glyphs to the regular abcs. The font works fine in FC. It displays fine in the font listing in Word, but when I select the font, Word seems to replace it with times. I can select my new font from the list but can't get it to display. Now, it used to work, but somewhere along the line I must have changed something. In one of the lessons here in the Forum I read where it might be a font cache problem in Word, but I cannot see any fbc.tmp files in the hidden "office" folder.

Brother Gabriel-Marie
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try rebooting your PC.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Thanks for answering... I tried rebooting several times. I have found that Word is definitely replacing the font. When I go into the options panel where Font Substitution is listed, I can see in the list that myFont is being substituted to Times. But it allows me to substitute myFont for myFont - I can choose it from the list. Problem is solved, but the answer is still hidden.
Therefore, question: Is there any setting in FC that will cause myFont to be automatically substituted in Microsoft Word?

Brother Gabriel-Marie
Brother Gabriel-Marie

An addendum to my last post on this problem: myFont won't appear in inkscape either! :cry: I don't know why. Can anybody help me?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Hi Brother Gabriel-Marie,

Can you please send a copy of the font file to me, and I'll look into this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
bahia

Post by bahia »

I have the same problem. The font shows in all programs (including Excel), but won't show correctly in Word. That means: I can select it in the dropdown menu, but some other font is displayed.

How did you solve the problem? Could you explain in the forum what the solution is?

Appreciate your help,
thanks,
Chris
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The problem with the font of Brother Gabriel-Marie was solved by removing a n unnecessary platform and by adding the first three recommended glyphs.

Can you please send a copy of the font file to me, and I'll look into this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

thanks for your fast reply! Here's the font. It's a regular font, I just added some characters, but unfortunately don't know much about fonts.
Thanks for sending the font fine. I've installed the font on my system and it works just fine in Microsoft Word.

Since you've made changes to an existing font, it might help if you uninstall the original font, then reboot and install the modified version.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
bahia

Post by bahia »

I tried that, but it did not work.
Actually I found a simple solution: I simply copied and pasted my new font glyph by glyph into an existing font that actually shows in Word, renamed it and VOILA, it worked!
Thanks for your fast help anyway!
Chris