Font isn't dark enough...

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
scoop

Font isn't dark enough...

Post by scoop »

I'm having a problem when using my font in word...It shows up it's just really light and and I can't make it any darker...any thoughts! PLEASE!
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Post by Dave Crosby »

Try making the stems wider.
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If the font is not spindly, and looks OK at large sizes then the problem you have is lack of hinting information. This doesn't affect the printout, but it doesn't look so good on screen.

Adding grayscale values should help.

If the font is just too spindly, try the Transform Wizard (if you're using the Trial or Pro version). Tools, Glyph Transformations, and open the "Thin to Medium" script. You may need to reduce the values to get a good result for a spindly font. Select one glyph and copy it to the clipboard before testing. Paste the original back to the same place, then undo/redo to compare before/after results. Adjust the values to get the effect that you want. When you're satisfied with the results, run the script on the entire font. Always keep backups. There is no undo once you have saved your edited font.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
wesingkasu

Lack of hinting information?

Post by wesingkasu »

Lack of hinting information?

I set the setting is the same to Times New Roman, and Hinting Information is the same, too.

But it is still not enough black in M$ Word.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Lack of hinting information?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

wesingkasu wrote:Lack of hinting information?

I set the setting is the same to Times New Roman, and Hinting Information is the same, too.

But it is still not enough black in M$ Word.
What setting is the same as Times New Roman?

If you made the font yourself in FontCreator, or copied glyphs from another font, then it has no hinting information. See if there is a capital letter H at the ruler intersection in the Glyph Edit Window.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486