Font Changing and Display Problem in Applications. Pls Help.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
wapw

Font Changing and Display Problem in Applications. Pls Help.

Post by wapw »

I have noticed there are some application software some installed fonts are not displaying in the fonts panel of that particular software. And some fonts display in some status not functions properly on that particular software while the font files are nither corrupted nor damaged. See the following Cases.

Case 1.

When I use Advanced Bussiness Card Creator and trying to insert a text using Brush Script MT Italic The font displays only in edit mode of the text field but when exit the edit mode the font goes away. see the screen shots attached here. Screen Shot A shows when it is in edit mode and B shows when it is exit after edit. CPD 1-1 Font also behaved same way. Links for the referred fonts also attached.

http://www.MegaShare.com/433898

http://www.MegaShare.com/433899

Case 2.

In Adobe Illustrator CS the following fonts do not in the Charactor Panel.

Arial Unicode MS
Bodoni MT Condensed
CPD-1
Fixedsys
terminal

I guess there are some attributes to be changed to work them properly. Can anybody help me to seek a solution by using

FontCreator.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.

WAPW
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font Changing and Display Problem in Applications. Pls H

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

wapw wrote:I have noticed there are some application software some installed fonts are not displaying in the fonts panel of that particular software. And some fonts display in some status not functions properly on that particular software while the font files are nither corrupted nor damaged.
Obviously something wrong with them though. I noticed that the information on the Format, Setting, Ranges was incomplete for Brush Script MT, and completely absent in the Pali script font. Set the version to 3 and click the calculate buttons for Unicode Ranges and Code Pages.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
wapw

Post by wapw »

Thank you for replying me. I could not get a perfect solution for my problem. But I learnt about a new area of the subject from your reply.

Sukhi Bhawathu.

WAPW
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Some More

Post by Dick Pape »

I believe Brush Script MT may be one of those copies of "famous fonts".

On the version I have the Created date is January 01, 1904 which is typical of some that have come to us more recently! My Modified Date is July 06, 1995 which is somewhat better.

While the vendor is MONO the rest of the Font Settings are somewhat suspect. The Italic flag wasn't set either although the Rise and Run were calculated.

I would guess the inconsistencies in this font (with your Format, Setting, Ranges) might lead to inconsistent ends.