Disapprearing Fonts

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
fincab

Disapprearing Fonts

Post by fincab »

I have created several fonts with Font Creator and have been using them with no problems. I recently noticed that a few of them are missing from the Windows Font folder. When I try to dray and drop them in the fonts folder it says that the fonts are there, but I still can't access them. When I try to re-install them with Font Creator, it says "class not registered". Any ideas?
Thx
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Disapprearing Fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you tried rebooting?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Class not registered is an issue with older versions of FontCreator. If you search the forum you will find a download with a fix for that.

The fonts are most likely installed but for some reason not working as expected. Too many things can go wrong so please provide more information.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
fincab

Post by fincab »

I did try rebooting
I installed the "Class not registered" patch, but it didn't help. I still get the same error message.
I'm using version 5.6. What other info would be helpful?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Unless you have tens of thousands of fonts, the quickest fix is often to uninstall MainType, deleting the font database, then reinstall, rebuilding your font vault.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
fincab

Post by fincab »

I'm using Font Creator, not Main Type.