Library View (free Version) too many fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
TheTassieBFG

Library View (free Version) too many fonts

Post by TheTassieBFG »

Greetings all

I am currently using Maintype (free version) and am encountering an issue with the number of fonts described in library view. It seems to me there are too many fonts included in the count. There are currently 4780 fonts listed of which 936 are marked as active. I am wondering how I reduce this number?

I have my fonts in three folders a. windows font folder - 425 fonts, b) a folder with many sub directories with fonts downloaded from various sources - 1532 fonts c) another folder where some paid fonts install themselves - 13 fonts total fonts showing 1970 fonts however library view states the 4780 fonts that puts me significantly over the 2500 mark allowed in the free version.

What I have attempted so far to reduce the number of fonts showing in library view used the remove duplicates tool (this removed over 100+ fonts).

Go through each folder in my downloaded fonts and removed the zip files I keep for archival purposes in case this was doubling font numbers (can't remember if this had any affect but if so it was negligible) delete the folders Maintype looks in for fonts (I thought this would just leave me with the installed/microsoft fonts but that made no difference to the number of fonts in library view even after a restart.

Am I doing something wrong somewhere or not finding the right help page to read.
Any help would be appreciated

cheers
Andrew
Erwin Denissen

Re: Library View (free Version) too many fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm sorry, but the only way is to fully uninstall MainType and then reinstall the software. Then be careful to not exceed the limit again.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology