Accidently messed up a CodePoint value - How to Reorder the font list?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
TheOneMagos

Accidently messed up a CodePoint value - How to Reorder the font list?

Post by TheOneMagos »

I am not sure how I did it, but I accidentally overrode the "6" and "-" in my font file. I was able to fix it by bringing in the bitmaps and adding them back in as characters, correcting the code point value in the process.

However I cannot figure how to move them up in the list of characters. I would like the 6 to appear after the 5 and the "-" to appear where it is supposed to for sake of organization. Clicking and dragging does not work.

6 should be Glyph number 22 but now 7 has become glyph 22.

Moved from Tutorials to the correct forum
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Accidently messed up a CodePoint value - How to Reorder the font list?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Create a new empty glyph after the 5, copy the 6 glyph, and use paste special to copy the glyph and its mappings to the new glyph. Repeat for the hyphen to position it in the right place. Then delete the two unmapped glyphs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
TheOneMagos

Post by TheOneMagos »

Thank you!!!

That was surprisingly easy. Saved me from having to start completely over on this font.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There is also an option on the Font menu to sort the font by Unicode code-point.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486