Paste the glyph itself

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
hugues324

Paste the glyph itself

Post by hugues324 »

After copying the glyph from FontCreator, when I paste it into Word, the glyph name is pasted instead of the glyph itself. How can I paste the actual glyph into Word? e.g. I copy the number 9, and paste it as 'nine' instead of '9'.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Paste the glyph itself

Post by Erwin Denissen »

FontCreator is aimed at editing fonts, so it has no direct option to copy and paste characters.

You can add glyphs to the preview panel, and then right-click it and select Copy Input as Text.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
hugues324

Post by hugues324 »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:34 am FontCreator is aimed at editing fonts, so it has no direct option to copy and paste characters.

You can add glyphs to the preview panel, and then right-click it and select Copy Input as Text.
I see, thanks!
But how can I add glyphs that I selected in the Font panel? It seems like I could only enter the text to preview the results.
The demand is as follows: As a game developer, in order to optimize game memory usage, it is necessary to reduce the size of the font files used in the game. On the one hand, unnecessary glyphs are removed. On the other hand, three different fonts are used for English, Japanese, and Korean in the game, so it is necessary to integrate the three fonts. However, the number of Japanese and Korean characters supported by the three fonts is different, so I need to copy the Japanese and Korean characters in these fonts as text and compare them in Word.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Use Keyboard Shortcut Shift + P to append the glyph or glyphs selected in the glyph overview to the Preview Panel. Select those characters in the text entry field of the preview panel, and use Ctrl+C to copy them to the Windows clipboard. Paste them into Word.

ḁảẩ
Copy text from Preview Panel.png
Copy text from Preview Panel.png (20.38 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
hugues324

Post by hugues324 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:14 am Use Keyboard Shortcut Shift + P to append the glyph or glyphs selected in the glyph overview to the Preview Panel. Select those characters in the text entry field of the preview panel, and use Ctrl+C to copy them to the Windows clipboard. Paste them into Word.

ḁảẩ
THANKS A LOT!!!!!