History like in Photoshop

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Post Reply
Niko
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm
Location: Russia, Ekaterinburg

History like in Photoshop

Post by Niko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 am

Hello, developers of FontCreator,
I would like that FontCreator has the history window with most operations like in Photoshop.

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer
Posts: 7161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:28 am
Location: Seven Kings, London UK
Contact:

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:49 am

The history is shown on the dropdowns for Undo and Redo.
History List.png
History List.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 87 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.0 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10 1709

MikeW
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by MikeW » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Undo lists the currently available undo one step back. Much different than history.

Problem is, not everything is captured in the undo stack and likely wouldn't be listed in a history as regards reverting to a point in the past before that, either.

I would be happy just for an actual Revert...but a history panel where all actions are listed wouldn't be a bad addition.

Niko
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm
Location: Russia, Ekaterinburg

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by Niko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 pm

MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm
Undo lists the currently available undo one step back. Much different than history.
I agree with you.
MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm
I would be happy just for an actual Revert...but a history panel where all actions are listed wouldn't be a bad addition.
Why is it a bad addition?! There is no history panel in FontCreator that is bad! But if it was you could just turn it off.

MikeW
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by MikeW » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:52 pm

I didn't say it would be bad. I said it wouldn't be bad.

Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer
Posts: 942
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 am

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by Alfred » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm

MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm
Undo lists the currently available undo one step back. Much different than history.
As Bhikkhu Pesala's screenshot shows, Undo displays a stack of undo steps. Having worked with history panels in other programs, I do prefer them, but I think Undo/Redo stacks work reasonably well.
FC11.0 Pro (Help) + MT7.0 (Help) • Windows 10

MikeW
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by MikeW » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Alfred wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm
MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm
Undo lists the currently available undo one step back. Much different than history.
As Bhikkhu Pesala's screenshot shows, Undo displays a stack of undo steps. Having worked with history panels in other programs, I do prefer them, but I think Undo/Redo stacks work reasonably well.
Problem for me is that unless I go up to the menu, I may be unaware of what another undo will accomplish. In a history panel, they are listed.

Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer
Posts: 942
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 am

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by Alfred » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm

MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:04 pm
Alfred wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm
MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm
Undo lists the currently available undo one step back. Much different than history.
As Bhikkhu Pesala's screenshot shows, Undo displays a stack of undo steps. Having worked with history panels in other programs, I do prefer them, but I think Undo/Redo stacks work reasonably well.
Problem for me is that unless I go up to the menu, I may be unaware of what another undo will accomplish. In a history panel, they are listed.
As I said, I prefer history panels, and you've pinpointed the reason why!
FC11.0 Pro (Help) + MT7.0 (Help) • Windows 10

Niko
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm
Location: Russia, Ekaterinburg

Re: History like in Photoshop

Post by Niko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 pm

MikeW wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:52 pm
I didn't say it would be bad. I said it wouldn't be bad.
I am sorry for my inattention.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest