The function of reading a prepared list of pairs of characters to simplify kerning.

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Torsten Ulv

The function of reading a prepared list of pairs of characters to simplify kerning.

Post by Torsten Ulv »

There is a pre-prepared large list of character pairs (separated by spaces or commas) for kerning. The list is saved in txt.
I propose to add to the program the function of reading all pairs from the list, automatically checking against the existing characters in the font for grouping in sub-tables of classes and creating a pair. Further, a long manual adjustment. It is also optional to mark the choice to create classes or not, and to determine the characters from the font in advance to form a specific class. This function will greatly simplify the creation of kerning.
I apologize for the possible illiteracy - I am writing through a translator.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: The function of reading a prepared list of pairs of characters to simplify kerning.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Where is this text comma-delimited text file? Which version of FontCreator are you using?

If you write in your own language, and provide a translation, it might help someone to understand better.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC14 Pro + MT11.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19043.1237