Is there any way that I can select a set of characters in all font files and export only that set?

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
_Bin_

Is there any way that I can select a set of characters in all font files and export only that set?

Post by _Bin_ »

It's similar to fontsquirrel web font regenerator. Is there anyway I can export a set of characters I need, and I can quickly do that with all of the file fonts? Not going to every single glyphs and properly tag them.
This greatly decreased the size of the font used for web.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Is there any way that I can select a set of characters in all font files and export only that set?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Currently, tagging them for each font project is the only way that I know of. I have renamed one of the Tags to "Not in WOFF". To add a set of Dingbats or Arrows to the Tagged glyphs is quick and easy by selecting the character set, selecting all glyphs in that character set, then pressing the Ctrl 5 shortcut to tag them. Once they are tagged, deleting all of the tagged glyphs before exporting the Web versions of the font is easy. Undo after exporting them to restore the deleted glyphs.

I would welcome a method to tag glyphs across a full font family. Synchronising font styles is a long-standing feature request.
Not in WOFFf.png
Not in WOFFf.png (25.68 KiB) Viewed 9891 times
Not in WOFF Selected.png
Not in WOFF Selected.png (57.66 KiB) Viewed 9891 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Is there any way that I can select a set of characters in all font files and export only that set?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See my latest Tip of the Day, which can be used to tag a set of glyphs to delete and exclude from exporting.

After exporting the reduced glyph set, just undo to restore the deleted glyphs, or close the project without saving it.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator 12 now allows users to mark the selected glyphs to include in exports:
  1. All
  2. None
  3. Desktop
  4. Web