Transform Wizard Scripts - History

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Transform Wizard Scripts - History

Post by PJMiller »

I have a number of scripts saved on disk which do things to glyphs, in fact I have built up quite a large number of scripts.

Rather than just making them up on the fly I now consider whether it would be useful in future and if it might be then I save it. All my scrips have filenames starting with 'A_' so they will appear at the top of the list of files.

There are times when I am constantly swapping scripts, Usually just two or three.

It would be nice if there were three or four buttons at the bottom of the dialog box which were assigned to the last three or four scripts run (or greyed out if no scripts have been run yet). The buttons could be labelled with the filename of the script (minus the '.xml').

Pressing the button would load and run that script and possibly move it to the top if it was already in the list. If a new script was loaded from disk then it would be assigned to the top button and the rest would move down one. If you made up a script on the fly but didn't save it to disk it would not affect the list.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Transform Wizard Scripts - History

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I didn't see many posts by users asking about Transform scripts, so I don't know how much use such a feature would get.

One tip that might help is to sort your Transform scripts by date modified.
Date Modified.png
Date Modified.png (6.6 KiB) Viewed 6061 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

I start all the names with A_<script name> so they all appear at the top of the list and this works quite well but I can see that the sort by date modified might be good if the script is classed as being modified whenever it is loaded. If this is not the case then it would just list them in the order in which they were written or last saved.
nabsltd

Post by nabsltd »

PJMiller wrote:There are times when I am constantly swapping scripts, Usually just two or three.

It would be nice if there were three or four buttons at the bottom of the dialog box which were assigned to the last three or four scripts run (or greyed out if no scripts have been run yet). The buttons could be labelled with the filename of the script (minus the '.xml').
I second this suggestion.

Without doing something like the naming trick, it's really a pain to find one. Even with the naming trick, which will put our personal ones first, it doesn't help much once you get 30-40 personal scripts.

I also find that I tend to swap between 2 or 3 different scripts, because I don't like to run the script on a lot of characters at once, so I can more easily see if the changes don't quite work for this group of characters, and I don't like scripts that do too much at once, since it makes it easier to build up a library of tools.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have started a new thread in the Tutorials forum.

If you have any transform scripts that you think others might find useful, feel free to add them to the thread.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486