Snap to common angles for measure tool

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
nabsltd

Snap to common angles for measure tool

Post by nabsltd »

It would be nice if we could do something like hold down the "Shift" or "Ctrl" key when we use the measure or cut contours tools to constrain the generated line to common angles (like every 45°).
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Already implemented for Cut, not for Measure
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Snap to common angles for measure and cut contours tools

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The cut contours tool already does that by holding down Shift. It constrains the cut by increments of 15°

It would be useful to constrain the measure tool to horizontal and vertical at least, but if that's not difficult, then I suppose that 15°increments would be just as easy, and more consistent.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
nabsltd

Post by nabsltd »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:The cut contours tool already does that by holding down Shift. It constrains the cut by increments of 15°
I'll have to try again. The last time I did a cut where I specifically wanted it to be at 45°, I couldn't get that to work, so I assumed it wasn't a feature.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

nabsltd wrote:
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:The cut contours tool already does that by holding down Shift. It constrains the cut by increments of 15°
I'll have to try again. The last time I did a cut where I specifically wanted it to be at 45°, I couldn't get that to work, so I assumed it wasn't a feature.
The feature was new in FontCreator 9.0.

• Knife tool and rotation of contours constrained to increments of 15° by holding the shift key.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486