Opening the projects in the same order

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Jonne Haven

Opening the projects in the same order

Post by Jonne Haven »

Erwin,

I would like to be able to open FontCreator with my font projects in the same order that they were closed in as well as the ability to re-arrange the projects once I have them opened.

Thanks!

Blessings,

Jonne
Erwin Denissen

Re: Opening the projects in the same order

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We've looked into this before, but the current user interface elements don't support this. We've looked for alternatives, but couldn't find a better replacement.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please see this tip and the linked tip for a workaround.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

I know it's possible to do this it's just awkward, you have to remember to click on the tabs in the order you want them to open next time before you close the program. Sometimes I forget :(
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

Thank You!

That's very helpful! Problem solved.

Blessings,

Jonne
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Once upon a time, I used an .ini file to keep track of the tab order on a programming project. (I also could not manually rearrange the tabs, though.)

It was important for the person using the application to open the files one at a time and then save the project as an .ini file. What I did have, though, was the ability to use that .ini file as a Master Project file and when it was opened, the tab order was used as per the .ini file (the application then stepped through it and opened the files one at a time). The upside to this was that because the .ini file is a text file, they could be copied, renamed and the file names added manually.

I always intended to add a list box in the application that could be reordered for the "Master Project" file using up/down arrows to reorder the list. So once opened the files could be reordered and the .ini file re/saved. The downside was I never figured out how to "apply" that new order to an opened project. So one would have needed to exit and restart the application, then open the Master Project file. I never implemented it and I don't know if this was ever implemented after I sold the code (about 2005 or so).

Mike
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The new tab controls in FontCreator 12 allow you to drag and drop tabs into any desired order, so if they do open in the wrong order, it is now very easy to fix.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486