Add a scripted/bulk version of "auto-complete code-points"

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
nabsltd

Add a scripted/bulk version of "auto-complete code-points"

Post by nabsltd »

I have run into some fonts with dozens of characters that have glyph names that match the outline (so the glyph is "correct") but no code point has been assigned.

Right now, the only way to fix this is to click on the glyph, click the "Auto-complete code-points based on glyph name" button in the glyph properties window, click "Apply", and repeat. I can't copy and paste the outlines and metrics into new empty glyphs that already have the right code points because the glyphs aren't in the right order.

It would be really nice to have any way to do this in bulk...like having the glyph properties window not become useless when multiple glyphs are selected. If this is too dangerous, transform commands to mimic the two auto-complete buttons in the glyph properties window would be fine.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Add a scripted/bulk version of "auto-complete code-points"

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Right now there is indeed no way of auto generating codepoints. We'll add your request to the to-do list.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Add a scripted/bulk version of "auto-complete code-points"

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There is now a way to do this in FontCreator 12, provided that the glyphs are correctly named.
  1. Select the unmapped glyphs
  2. Cut them to the clipboard (Ctrl+X)
  3. Select the next or previous glyph
  4. Click the Insert Glyphs button [G]
  5. Paste the glyph names to insert new glyphs before/after the selected glyph (or wherever you want them)
  6. Paste the glyph contours into the new glyphs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486