Snap to Guidelines When Resizing a Glyph

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
prevoj

Snap to Guidelines When Resizing a Glyph

Post by prevoj »

It would be really nice while I'm editing a glyph that Snap to Guidelines actually did snap to guidelines when I'm resizing a glyph. For example, I've been told that the customer wants a glyph to fit in an exact bounding box. That is very difficult with FontCreator. The one thing that kind of helps is I create 4 guidelines that are at the exact location of the bounding box I want. I have snap to guidelines turned on. I hit Ctrl-A to select all contours. Then I move all for sides to get them over the guidelines. Unfortunately, they do NOT snap at all when I'm moving them. All I can do is wobble my mouse back and forth until the dashed line is over the guideline and let go. Then the problem with this method is that each side of the bounding box can still be a unit or two off from what I actually want.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Snap to Guidelines When Resizing a Glyph

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Use the Transform Toolbar to set the desired size and position precisely without even having to place guidelines.
Set Desired Size.png
Set Desired Size.png (15.89 KiB) Viewed 10469 times
Required Size Applied.png
Required Size Applied.png (14.32 KiB) Viewed 10469 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It should snap if enabled. We’ll look into this early next week.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Snapping to guidelines works, but only in the horizontal and vertical directions. Snapping does not work when dragging a corner handle.

If you just wish to fit a glyph to a bounding box it is easy to do with snapping enabled.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This is now implemented in FontCreator 13, Build 2663 or later.