FontCreator Manual Hardcopy

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
saegespaene

FontCreator Manual Hardcopy

Post by saegespaene »

I have owned several versions of FontCreator, and over time, I have made notes to myself on the hard-copies of the manuals.

I have been transferring my notes to the latest Manual, for FontCreator v. 12, preparing to print a hardcopy, and have noticed some small peculiarity having to do with the format of the document, in hard-copy. The PDF-file for the Manual provides a page header, including the page number, for the pages. Your Table of Contents utilizes Roman Numerals, and this section conforms to the accepted practice of the odd numbers being on the right side of the document, and the even numbers on the left.
The rest of the manual is driving me bonkers!!!

When I print out sections of pages, 2 sides per sheet, from the PDF Manual, the ODD page numbers wind up on the LEFT, and the EVEN numbers on the RIGHT, contrary to convention, but....at least this will allow the page numbers to be seen from the edges of the bound collection of pages.

Should I cause the ODD pages to appear on the RIGHT (as they SHOULD be) when printing, then the page numbers in the header will all appear toward the bound edge, and literally are invisible when searching for a page!!!

Can you take the appropriate measures to fix this predicament, and possibly make a revised PDF Manual available for download, or at least make note of the problem to be fixed with your Manual for version 13???? Thanks for your attention to this petty :) :) :) complaint,

Sägespäne
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: FontCreator Manual Hardcopy

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I see the problem. I think the section heading pages need to a blank page to follow them.

The headers go wrong from the start and never correct themselves. I think it should be a simple fix to produce a new manual.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: FontCreator Manual Hardcopy

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Right now it is aimed at online reading, but I see your point. We will add blank pages if necessary to ensure chapters start on odd pages.

Let us know if this PDF solves the problem:
https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/fontcrea ... Manual.pdf
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology