Save background image

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
southwindows

Save background image

Post by southwindows »

I import a background image, using the Background toolbar (F9), and then save the font. I add curves to make an outline, save again. When I reopen the glyph later, the background image is not visible, and does not become so when toggling the 'Show background image' checkbox.

So it seems that FC Pro (12.0) does not save backgrounds -- is this right? It would be helpful for me to keep the image available as I continue to refine the character outline. Please let me know if I have missed the procedure to save the image.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Save background image

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The background image is saved only while the Glyph Edit Window remains open. Each glyph edit window can have its own background image. To continue working from last time, click on Copy from Current Glyph. If you want the original image, you will have to load it again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
southwindows

Post by southwindows »

Thank you for confirming that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I may post this as a feature request since I think it would be useful to (optionally) save the background.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I moved the topic to the Feature Requests forum.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Lancer21

Post by Lancer21 »

It's true that it could be quite the convenient thing to have! So far, I've gotten around this problem by just writing over the background image once the font's ready and applying some filters and treatments, but in some cases, I'd find it easier to use the background image as an integral part of the font.