Batch tagging of glyphs

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
BabelStone

Batch tagging of glyphs

Post by BabelStone »

Tags are a very useful feature for me, but sometimes in a large font with thousands of glyphs I want to tag dozens or hundreds of non-contiguous glyphs, and it is very time-consuming to manually find, click and tag all the required glyphs. It would be really useful if I could right-click on one of the Tagged labels in the side bar, and there was a "Tag Glyphs..." option that allows me to enter a list of glyphs (by glyph name or code point) to be tagged.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Batch tagging of glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please see the Tip of the Day on Tagging Multiple Glyphs
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
BabelStone

Re: Batch tagging of glyphs

Post by BabelStone »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:18 pm Please see the Tip of the Day on Tagging Multiple Glyphs
Thank you! That works perfectly. I did look at the Glyph Transformer to see if it could be done there, but I did not understand what "Override Range by Glyph Name(s)" and "Override Range by Code-point(s)" do, and there is no information in the Help system. So, "Override Range by Glyph Name(s)" and "Override Range by Code-point(s)" just selects the specified glyphs? I think "Override Range" is not a very good name for this feature as it made no sense to me.