Improve Glyph Search

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Erwin Denissen

Improve Glyph Search

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Currently the search works kind of hybrid, by glyph name and mappings. Do people actually use the search feature, and does it work as excepted? Should we split those into two options, or do you want to see other improvements, like search all with more than 3 contours, or all with anchor "bottom", or all that are used in a kern feature?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Improve Glyph Search

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I use it quite often, but have always found it adequate, especially listing the results in a search category. I guess the Font Sort drop down could also be used to sort glyphs by number of components, but that would not be of much use to me.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

One trivial bug that would improve the search is to close the dialog with Escape, and/or Ctrl+F.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:45 pm I use it quite often, but have always found it adequate, especially listing the results in a search category. I guess the Font Sort drop down could also be used to sort glyphs by number of components, but that would not be of much use to me.
It is good to know it is useful the way it is.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:53 pm One trivial bug that would improve the search is to close the dialog with Escape, and/or Ctrl+F.
I understand, but somehow such little things are sometimes next to impossible to achieve.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology