Drag and Drop Glyph

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Drag and Drop Glyph

Post by Husham »

Hi

Sometimes designer insert glyph incorrectly, and wish to change glyph position without deleting it and open insert glyphs window to re-insert in the right position, I think the fastest way is by using drag and drop, this will give more flexibility to glyphs keyboard.. what is your opinion?
Removed [img] tags and inserted image inline.
Removed [img] tags and inserted image inline.
Drag and Drop.png (143.55 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
Thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Drag and Drop Glyph

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Drag and Drop could easily lead to accidents.

Cut and paste used to work for me, but now seems buggy. One has to insert empty glyphs in the right place first.

Take a look at glyph sorting on the Font menu. That is by far the easiest method. The latest version allows for sorting with a text file, so once you have decided on the order that you need, you can sort all future fonts/styles by the same order.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Husham »

Yes Bhikkhu.. you opinion is true, avoiding accident should be according to warning message, but i think if drag and drop option is available, the designer will not depend on it, i mean use it in some rare cases for one single glyph, sure the normal case is to use the options available in the FontCreator latest version by sorting glyphs or insert empty glyphs.... another idea for example adding (Move glyph) to the right click list maybe will be useful instead of drag and drop glyph see image as imagine.
Attachments
MOVE.png
MOVE.png (114.08 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 am Cut and paste used to work for me, but now seems buggy. One has to insert empty glyphs in the right place first.
We did fix a cut-paste bug in FontCreator 13.0.0.2648. Let us know if it still has issues.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Since the release of FontCreator 13 Build 2637 one can sort glyphs from a file.
  1. Select all glyphs in the overview
  2. Copy to clipboard
  3. Paste into Notepad
  4. Save as a text file
  5. Manually edit the glyph order if you wish
  6. Sort other type styles of the font or different fonts by the same order from the Tools menu, Sort Glyphs, From File...
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486