undo within OTD...please?

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Bernie Cossentino

undo within OTD...please?

Post by Bernie Cossentino »

Hello,

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to click the add (+) icon, only to miss and hit the minus instead...thus removing an item, feature or otherwise that was unintended. And, if I've been working within the OTD window for a while, before saving, and deleted something by mistake, my only recourse is to exit the OTD and undo from there. This, obviously, undoes all of my work and is subsequently, lost.

This is the same problem from within all other feature dialogs (pair adjustments, single Adj...).

Another real life example I've experienced is within the Class Manager dialog. Too often, I'll be editing several classes with the window open; one wrong move, and I'd have to exit the dialog and start again. An undo function would be helpful.

And speaking of the Class Manager: Wouldn't it be better to not have a glyph (class member) automatically highlight-selected when scrolling about the classes? This would further help avoid accidental deletion.

Undo Last...please?
Font Creator 13
Windows 7 and 10 Pro
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: undo within OTD...please?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Bmeister wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:15 amAnd, if I've been working within the OTD window for a while, before saving, and deleted something by mistake, my only recourse is to exit the OTD and undo from there. This, obviously, undoes all of my work and is subsequently, lost.
That is why there is an Apply button. Use it from time to time, then you won't lose much work if you do make a mistake.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bernie Cossentino

Re: undo within OTD...please?

Post by Bernie Cossentino »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:07 am
Bmeister wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:15 amAnd, if I've been working within the OTD window for a while, before saving, and deleted something by mistake, my only recourse is to exit the OTD and undo from there. This, obviously, undoes all of my work and is subsequently, lost.
That is why there is an Apply button. Use it from time to time, then you won't lose much work if you do make a mistake.
Yes, I do this as well. But you still run the risk of losing work. An undo function would help.
Font Creator 13
Windows 7 and 10 Pro