Change Direction

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Change Direction

Post by Husham »

HI,
I suggest to add change direction to available features inside glyph transform window. (like optimize contours).
change direction.jpg
change direction.jpg (373.16 KiB) Viewed 7230 times
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Change Direction

Post by Husham »

:roll:
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Tricky for glyphs that have more than one contour, some of which may have the correct direction. I think the real-time glyph validator is better. Run glyph validation to group all glyphs with errors.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Husham »

Hi,
This option will be up to user, to use it in some special cases, I am sure it will be useful.

Thanks 🙏
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

There is already a 'Fix Contour Direction' option in the Transform Wizard. But if you aren't wanting to fix the directions but to change the directions then maybe Erwin could make the change direction button work when multiple glyphs are selected from the Glyph Overview Panel.

I can't see this feature being very useful however. How often do you want to change the direction of multiple glyphs ? The 'Fix Contour Direction' option in the Transform Wizard is sufficient for my needs.
Husham
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Husham »

PJMiller wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:00 am There is already a 'Fix Contour Direction' option in the Transform Wizard. But if you aren't wanting to fix the directions but to change the directions then maybe Erwin could make the change direction button work when multiple glyphs are selected from the Glyph Overview Panel.

I can't see this feature being very useful however. How often do you want to change the direction of multiple glyphs ? The 'Fix Contour Direction' option in the Transform Wizard is sufficient for my needs.
Hello Paul,

I think there is a difference between fixing and changing direction, maybe in some case user needs to fix other case needs to change, it is depends on the situation, any way it is up to Erwin