Are there any plans for a Mac OS version of this software?

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Amory

Are there any plans for a Mac OS version of this software?

Post by Amory »

I watched a video of this software and became interested in it after seeing all of the useful features that it has.

I wanted to buy it, but I realized that it's only available for Windows. I don't use Windows. I only use a Mac.

Are there any plans to also offer FontCreator to Mac OS users?

There are many more graphic designers and content creators nowadays than there were in the past who use Mac computers. If you do decide to offer FontCreator for Mac OS, I think you will reach many more people who would like to use your program.

Thank you for reading my suggestion :)
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Are there any plans for a Mac OS version of this software?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

As far as I know, there are no plans for a MacOS version. There is only one developer.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Amory

Post by Amory »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:42 am As far as I know, there are no plans for a MacOS version. There is only one developer.
Thank you for replying to my post. I guess the likelihood of a Mac OS version becoming available isn't very high. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that we will eventually see a Mac version. I really want to buy this software but I have no plans of switching to Windows, so the only option for me would be if a Mac OS version will be offered.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can install Windows on a Mac using Bootcamp, but a copy of Windows 10 nearly doubles the total price to get FontCreator running.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Amory

Post by Amory »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:52 am You can install Windows on a Mac using Bootcamp, but a copy of Windows 10 nearly doubles the total price to get FontCreator running.
I used to have Bootcamp on an older computer but I didn't really like it. The storage of my computer was divided between Windows & Mac, which was inconvenient because I needed to do most of my work and store the files on the Mac portion. I couldn't just transfer files from Windows to Mac and vice versa because each operating system had a separate login. Other than being inconvenient, I think it would end up being pricey for me to purchase Windows on top of FontCreator, considering that I would have no other reason to use Windows.

As much as I want to consider workarounds, none of them comes close to being a good option other than a version of FontCreator that will be compatible with Mac. If a Mac version gets introduced someday, I hope it will work with older Mac operating systems, like Catalina (10.15) and Big Sur (11.0), since the newer OS (Monterey, 12) has had a horrendous performance on the computers of some users.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Amory wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:46 am As much as I want to consider workarounds, none of them comes close to being a good option other than a version of FontCreator that will be compatible with Mac.
A second computer ?
Amory

Post by Amory »

PJMiller wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:59 am
Amory wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:46 am As much as I want to consider workarounds, none of them comes close to being a good option other than a version of FontCreator that will be compatible with Mac.
A second computer ?
I don't have a second computer. The computer that had bootcamp was very old and it's already broken. Right now, I just use a regular Mac, which doesn't utilize Bootcamp.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

I meant a Windows PC which could run all the Windows only programs along side the Mac to run the Mac programs. :)
Amory

Post by Amory »

PJMiller wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:15 am I meant a Windows PC which could run all the Windows only programs along side the Mac to run the Mac programs. :)
No, I don't have a Windows computer. I stopped using Windows computers a long time ago because I always had problems with them getting viruses. Right now, I only use Macs.
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Hafonton »

When I need to use FontCreator on my Mac, I use Parallels software. It works fine.