5 fonts of mine. Any input would be great.

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
melodyofheaven

5 fonts of mine. Any input would be great.

Post by melodyofheaven »

I am a novice type designer, but here is what I have made so far: Text is from War of the Worlds book.
Is there anything wrong that anyone can tell me about. I had trouble with some spacing/kerning, but I managed to make it not so horrible. I am very unfamiliar with what FCP has to offer, but playing around with the settings at random helped.

I would have posted the .ttf files for a better critique, but I don't want anyone stealing my fonts.
Last edited by melodyofheaven on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A few comments, a sample full alphabet would be useful to see if the design is consistent throughout.

Times New Rhombus Looks fine to me.

lower-optic fibre "a" looks too much like a "d" "f" looks like "F". Hyphen could do with being a little shorter with more space either side or a little lower.

Electric Pencil Spacing needs some work. The space character is too wide. See my post in this thread for a tip on getting spacing right with scripts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
melodyofheaven

Post by melodyofheaven »

thanks for your suggestions. I did have trouble with electric pencil, but I decreased the spacing and redid the kerning. It looks a bit better.

I am going to edit my original post and put up all characters and sample paragraphs instead of my small sample.
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Great Story!

Post by Dave Crosby »

I like your fonts, and love the exciting story you used to demonstrate it!

You will go far!
Aut nunc aut nunquam