Bitmap Gothic Font for free...

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.

Good Font ?

Great!
25%
Yes, but...
25%
I know better.
No votes
That's horrible !
25%
No advice.
25%

Total votes: 4

JP

Bitmap Gothic Font for free...

Post by JP »

Hi,
Here is a text written with a font I made with FC, I've called it "Argor Cwar Scaqh" that means "Argor's Square Writing" and which is available on my site with a few others (Free Fonts page):

Argtxep: "Concept of Citadel": http://www.argor.org

Bye!

j:p)
Les jours passent comme des boeufs et ne me voient pas...
Days pass like oxen and do not see me...
U dils shihd cwaj bows ej vwihd on aqh...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Image OME CREATIVE IDEAS THERE BUT ...

The currency symbol is not a very satisfactory way of adding Ornamented Caps to the font because it needs a lot of work by the user to centre the glyphs accurately. Not all applications support kerning and some letters, like M, Y, and P, overlap the box. The letter following the Ornamented Cap collides with the box so again it needs kerning.

:idea: Why not create a matching typestyle with bold attributes, designing each capital as an Ornamented Cap. That way the caps don't have to be monospaced, and different letters could use a larger or smaller box, or one with a cut-out for the descender. The user then just applies bold to regular text to get an Ornamented Capital letter.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486