The Uusimaa Font Foundry Incorporated

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
steveb

The Uusimaa Font Foundry Incorporated

Post by steveb »

This is my jokey name for my website, which I decided to streamline down to my main love, fonts. Gone are the photographs of the town where I live, my tired anecdotes and experiments with a fractals generator.

I've owned FontCreator for about six years, but only recently, when I find myself with extra time on my hands, have I returned to font creation. I'm interested only in making something quick and rough which I can refine in Photoshop, not working on one or two fonts for several months for possible professional use. I simply don't have the patience.

My site mentions that the fonts are for sale, but if any of the other members here would like a copy of one, do get in touch (the email address is on the start page), and I'll send it free of charge - for personal use, of course!

Here's the url:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/stephenb/

Needless to say, I welcome your feedback.
Last edited by steveb on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Your Fonts

Post by Dick Pape »

Quite a collection of your efforts. I like them all!

As you note in the comments there are some missing parts. So now since you have the time -- finish them for us! Shouldn't take months since you have the design complete. Adding missing letters and "fine tuning" are a whole lot easier. Then submit them to the commercial font site. Send a portion of the money to Erwin as a bribe so he'll make another product!

Dick Pape
metalfoot

Post by metalfoot »

Lovely set of fonts. Much promise here! Keep going and finish one or two of your favourites off!
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Nice!

Post by Dave Crosby »

I also like your fonts!

I am especially drawn to your Kaapeli, and agree it is superior to the attempts by others.

The "Q" in Spike is great! I wonder why it is seen so seldom!
Aut nunc aut nunquam
steveb

Post by steveb »

I thought I should point out that the url mentioned in my previous post is well out of date. My most recent and much improved fonts are on their own dedicated site at www.utfi.net all for free download - so do help yourselves and give feedback!

Kaapeli is very shortly going to disappear because I've been working on an updated and more polished version which I am calling Scable, so if you want to see Kaapeli but are unable to, send me an email (address on the utfi site).