Mandala - Circles

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Mandala - Circles

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:12 pm

I seem to be going around in circles. Version 2.01 fixes that problem, but now I see that dlig takes precedence over super/subscripts. I don't know if that's new.

This is a confusing topic, which is why I started this thread on precedence of OT features.

I noticed that Garava also suffers from this dlig/ordn bug, but I may wait before I update that yet again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.0 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10 1703

Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:34 pm

This more recent topic should help:
Changing the Order of Precedence of OpenType Features
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Version 2.10 added fij and ij acute ligatures, Localised Forms for Romanian, smaller accents for Petite Capitals, and improved kerning classes. The archive contains smaller, unhinted, web versions.

This time, since I made some changes to the classes in the Bold typeface after importing the script from the Regular typeface, I used copy and paste for the Class definitions in the OpenType Code Editor to harmonise the kerning classes across all four type styles, to avoid having to redo the kerning.

I attach the OpenType Layout Definition script to show how I name and order kerning classes and OpenType features. Open it in a text editor or import it into the OpenType Designer to check it out.

Note that the script won't compile successfully unless your font has the same glyphs and glyph names as mine.
Attachments
Mandala Regular.otlfd
(54.1 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.0 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10 1703

Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:48 pm

If you want the compiler to ignore unknown glyphs, and allow empty classes and lookups, then click the warning icon in the toolbar.
IgnoreUnknownGlyphs.png
IgnoreUnknownGlyphs.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 467 times
While testing this feature, I got an access violation, so it seems the current version has some issues with such glyphs if used with pair positioning. This issue will be solved with the next upcoming update.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology