Cankama - An OpenType Gothic Font

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Cankama - An OpenType Gothic Font

Post by Erwin Denissen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:08 am

This issue will be fixed with the next upcoming release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:34 am

Updated Cankama 2.31 with FontCreator 10 build 2222, which fixes the flattening of kerning classes.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.0 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10 1703

PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:56 am

The version I have is FontCreator 10 build 2125, but when I check for new updates it says it is the latest one. :?

Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 am

Bhikkhu Pesala is a long time beta tester (and one of the most active and helpful supporting members at this forum) who has access to the latest unofficial release.

We are always looking for more beta testers, so if you want to enjoy new features, bug fixes, and want to help us make our software better; do send me a pm.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:56 pm

All users of FontCreator 10 can now obtain the latest update to 10.1 for free by checking for updates. Another patch may be released by the time you read this to make a few more minor improvements.

I have just released Cankama 2.32, fixed with the help of FontCreator 10.1.
  • I fixed a long-standing issue with the coloured glyph. Coloured fonts are now supported by Vivaldi and Chrome, and Cankama includes the coloured glyphs in the Web versions as Stylistic Alternates.
  • I made the spacing a little more generous, and fixed a few glyphs that were the wrong shape or the wrong height.
  • I added Tabular figures (tnum) because the default figures are proportional.
  • The coloured glyphs were renamed as A.salt - Z.salt to match their change to Stylistic Alternates. You won't notice this in the OpenType font unless you open it in FontCreator.
  • I used the modification to CompositeData.xml to use smaller and more appropriate cedilla and ogonek accents for Petite Capitals
  • I added fij and ijacute ligatures for Dutch
  • I added Localized Forms for Romanian, which prefers the comma below forms for instead of S and T cedilla.

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Cankama Version 2.50 added a Stylistic Set (ss01) for Velthuis encoded text, eighteen historical ligatures, four glyphs with ogonek acute for Nordic, reversed question mark and inverted interrobang were added for irony punctuation. Glyphs were modified to match the font for Sheqel, German Penny, Manat Sign, Georgian Lari, and Information Source. Spacing of some punctuation glyphs was increased, and the advance width of General Punctuation spaces was corrected to match. Kerning was improved.