Unicode Fonts

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Unicode Fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated See My Fonts Page
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
vanisaac

Post by vanisaac »

I am in the middle of making my own font with several scripts in a regular, smallcap, italic, and sans, but it's currently in development. I've got some screen shots of some ranges of characters, though.

Basic Latin:
Some ligatures and extended characters:
Extended Cyrillics and ipa extensions:

I probably should explain that I started off just making a Greek font with polytonic diacritics that would combine well. I then expanded my project to include a Latin character set to match the Greek. After reading Robert Bringhurst's Elements of Typographic Style, I decided that I should really make a matching italic, smallcap and sans, and I want to have the ability to represent any language that uses a Greek decended alphabet. So that means I needed to do the entire extended Latin, all the Cyrillic, full Greek, with composite polytonic characters and a set of ligatures to boggle the mind. I also have several alternate letterforms whose selection I hope to program in VOLT (Microsoft's Open Type tool). The font is called Oregon, due to the fact that my original capital O looked like the University of Oregon's corporate symbol.
Last edited by vanisaac on Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.