Comic lettering fonts

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
elak

Comic lettering fonts

Post by elak »

Here are my first two fonts, Rehr and Kverneland, based on the handwriting of Danish cartoonist Henrik Rehr, and Norwegian cartoonist Steffen Kverneland, respectively.

I created them for lettering the swedish translation of their comics, and they kindly agreed to let me release them to the public domain. So feel free to use them. :)

Any and all comments are welcome. More fonts are in the making. I'll keep you posted.

/Johan C. Brandstedt
johancb.freelancers.net
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

CAPITAL ONLY FONTS

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I noticed that Rehr.ttf had two copies of each alphabetic character, while in Kverneland.ttf you have mapped a single glyph to two positions, 65 and 97 for example. That seems like a better solution.

Another way would be to define the lowercase letters as composites of the uppercase. One could perhaps scale them down by 70% to get usable lowercase or Small Capitals for very little extra work. I'd be interested to hear people's views on doing that.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Not Gruesome

Post by Not Gruesome »

8)
ImageImage