Callitalic update

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Krys

Callitalic update

Post by Krys »

Hi there,
In anticipation of help and support, I have sent an updated version of my first font. I took on board all the suggestions, which were very welcome.
I changed the lower case g, which I prefer and tried to improve some of the angles of the letters. I am happy with the handwritten look of the font. That's what I aimed for, but would be interested to know what you think of it.

Still, the most challenging was to add glyphs to the private area as suggested. I added an e with ligature, th, ff, an alternate lower case g, a lower case s (the old style), an alternate N and R. The problem is that I can't see them when i try to use the font.

I had done really well until today when I tried to make changes to include the mac platform. I also changed some of the naming. Don't know what the problem is but I can't get the font to open in Font Manager.
Attachments
callitalic 31st.ttf
(57.09 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Callitalic update

Post by Dick Pape »

Good start... calligraphic fonts are soooo hard to get right.

Just a couple of things. The vertical alignment of the quote glyphs "'‘’“” are inconsistent. And I believe the apostrophe (') should be non-directional. Yours appears as if it's the right single quote. When used in front of a letter it's most obvious.
call0.jpg
call0.jpg (15.86 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
The Space is too small (508) for the size of the letters and things run together -- especially with the swash designs.
call1.jpg
call1.jpg (42.22 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
Krys

Re: Callitalic update

Post by Krys »

Thank you so much...I will get on to it. I see it now that you've pointed it out. Krys